Welcome to my website! I am a sociologist and criminologist at the University of Hamburg.
One focus of my scientific research is in the field of nutrition sociology, where I am particularly interested in gender-specific differences and vegan nutrition. Another focus of my work is White-collar Crime, Green Criminology and Victimology, although their interdependencies with Nutritional Sociology represent a field in sociology that has been little researched so far.
As part of my scientific research, I am a member of various professional societies, with a focus on nutrition, sociology, criminology as well as victimology. I recently became a member of the Standards and Norms Committee of the World Society of Victimology.
Pamela Kerschke-Risch (ed.)
Sexualisierte Gewalt gegen Kinder
Hintergründe – Zusammenhänge – Erklärungen
The public has been shaken again and again by reports of abuse scandals and sexualized violence against children. Such violence can take a wide variety of forms, ranging from the commercial darknet and child pornography images to institutionally shielded violence in churches and educational or sports facilities, to individual violence within families and in the childs immediate social context. Officially, 16,996 cases of sexual abuse against children were recorded in Germany in 2020, but it is assumed that the number of unreported cases is around 340,000.
How is this alarming number of tragic individual stories to be understood against the background of a society that is committed to freedom and human dignity?
The authors examine this sad phenomenon from various viewpoints and in the process bring us closer to an incomprehensible phenomenon & to which we must nevertheless not close our eyes.
Referee for Journals
- British Food Journal
- Ernährungs Umschau
- European Journal of Criminology
- GEWISOLA Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.
- International Journal of Global Warming
- Journal of Food Protection
- KrimJ Kriminologisches Journal
- Springer Nature / Humanities and Social Sciences Communications
- PLOS ONE
- Political Studies
- European Society of Criminology (ESC)
- World Society of Victimology (WSV)
- World Society of Victimology (WSV): Member of the Standards and Norms Committee
- European Society for Agricultural and Food Ethics (EurSafe)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ernährung (DGE)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Soziologie (DGS)
German Vegan Study
The German Vegan Study is the first social science quantitative survey in which 852 people who eat vegan were interviewed about different attitudes and motives in an online survey.